Monday, September 10, 2012

Packing Up and Moving My Blog

I have been with blogger now for about four years. It is time for me to move on. I want this blog to do more, and blogger is just not the tool for me anymore to move forward. I am now searching for a good company to help me move the contents of this blog to my other domain of Scottygraham.com. I want to take my current website at that domain down, and replace it with a new custom blog....I will then open an account with SmugMug, and move my portfolio there. I have no idea when the move will happen, but will let you know when it is done. If any of you readers out there can recommend a good designer or company that can build a nice wordpress blog that is unique, please let me know...


3 comments:

Mr. Charleston said...

There is a design/marketing team here in the states that I believe does outstanding work. Here's the link http://www.brunetgarcia.com/

I have also seen several web templates that seem to be very functional and easy to use. I love SmugMug and set up an account there and designed the gallery page for the photo tour of an organization I support, the Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens. Here's the link to the gallery if you'd like to take a look. Most of the photos are mine. http://jagardens.smugmug.com/Arboretum-Photo-Tour/The-Arboretum/11067047_hDG7Fc#!i=775396243&k=GB5zx

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, I wish I could help. I constantly (or at least consistently) bemoan the fact that I could keep up with technological change in the 70s and 80s, but it is beyond me now.
I spent my working life in the newspaper and printing industry, and "tech change" was rapid. The large newspaper composing room in which I once worked has gone from 300+ people to a mere 7 (yes, seven) and I remember when those seven were apprentices.
So I am no help whatsoever, but...if you solve your blog-moving problem, Scotty, will you tell me how you did it?
K

Scotty Graham said...

thanks, Mr. Charleston and Kay...after a little research, I think I am going to go with ProPhoto blogs for my new blog. It will take some time to set up, but looking forward in stepping up my game here on-line. Mr. C....funny how a commenter on your smugmug site asked who the photographer was? Did you see that? Nice page, by the way!!